1. -- We’d be pleased if you could join us for dinner.
A. Thank you. B. Yes, I’d be pleased to accept.
C. That’s good.
2. -- Is there anything I can do?
A. Don’t mention it. B. Thanks, but I can manage.
C. Go ahead, please.
3. -- Would you please open this suitcase for me? I can’t open it.
A. Oh, sorry to bother you. B. Actually I’m not sure.
C. OK, let me see.
4. -- A: I can put you down for eleven o’clock. Is that OK?
-- B: ______________________
A. Oh, I’ll be having an interview that time. How about 3 o’clock in the afternoon?
B. Friday is good.
C. Yes, we could.
5. -- Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get the Linden Street?
A. You can’t ask me. B. Pardon? I have no idea.
C. Sorry, I’m new here.
6. Let’s meet at 7:30 outside the gate of ________.
A. the People’s Park B. the People Park
C. People’s Park
7. There _______ a dolphin show in the zoo tomorrow evening.
A. was B. is going to have
C. is going to be
8. Jamie wants to speak to me _______ private.
A. on B. in
9. _______ is known to the world, Mark Twain is a great American writer.
A. As B. That
10. The book _______ on this subject was written by an old female writer.
A. referring B. referring to
C. referred to
11. If he persists _______ awkward questions, then send him to the boss.
A. in asking B. to ask
C. to be asked
12. There is no doubt _______ Herbert is the most industrious student in our class.
A. whether B. what
13. All the trees _______ last summer.
A. were planted B. planted
C. are planting
14. I’m _______ a business trip for APEC summit, sir.
A. for B. on
15. I really like that car you _______ and I am thinking of buying it.
A. recommended B. interviewed
16. – Do you like reading books?
-- Each of us _______ to do more reading in and after class.
A. are encouraged B. encourage
C. is encouraged
17. Tom is _______ than any other players in the school team.
A. tall B. taller
18. Listen to the two girls by the window. What language _______?
A. were they speaking B. are they speaking
C. did they speak
19. The _______ are eating _______ at the foot of the mountain.
A. sheep, grass B. sheep, grasses
C. sheeps, grass
20. Cleaner heating system will be _______ in Beijing to control air pollution.
A. sent B. covered
Housing is the living places for human beings. As the population keeps climbing, people in the city have to face the reality that housing is in short supply. To solve this problem, New York City planners are challenging tradition and starting to design more “micro units.”
Micros, also known as “hotel-style” apartments, usually offer less than 200 square feet (18.5 square meters) in area. Could you imaging living in 150 square feet (14 square meters)? These units usually have only room for a bed, a table mini-fridge and the basic living essentials.
Why is the micro apartment so appealing? The reasons are rather straightforward. It is perfect for single people who don’t have a lot of things. It can also meet the need of people who are short on cash but determined to live in their own places.
Micro apartments are very common in cities like Tokyo and Hong Kong, where there are so many people living. Now this tiny housing solution is gaining ground in urban areas in the US, and Canada.
The micro apartment is an experiment in simplicity in American culture. So small-scale home life is part of a hot trend in US real estate. Some people are proud of it. Some of them can find the humor and fun in their small places. But not everyone is in favor of the trend.
21. According to the passage, the next big trend in US real estate is _______.
A. big house B. micro apartment
C. traditional house
22. As the population keeps climbing, people in the city have to face the reality that _______.
A. housing is in short supply B. housing is very sufficient
C. housing is a kind of luxury goods
23. Why is the micro apartment so appealing?
A. It’ meets the need of someone. B. It’s very strange.
C. It’s excellent.
24. Micro apartments are very common in some cities like _______.
A. Beijing B. London
25. How do people think of the micro apartment?
A. Everyone likes it very much.
B. Some people think it’s humorous and fun.
C. Not everyone is in favor of the trend.
One of the masterpieces of modern architecture, the fantastic Hangzhou Bay Bridge has been opened to the public since May 2008.
The Bridge is an S-shaped stayed-cable bridge with six lanes in both directions and is linking Ningbo’s Cixi county in the south to Jiaxing in the north. It shortens the highway travel distance between Ningbo and Shanghai by 120 kilometers, and reduces the driving time from 4 to 2.5 hour.
It is the longest sea-crossing bridge in the world –36 kilometers (22 miles) long. This fantastic bridge crossing the Hangzhou Bay is expected to have a 100-year lifespan, and has a price tag of 11.8 billion Yuan (US$ 1.70 billion).
The toll fee is 80 Yuan per vehicle. As the bridge has six lanes in both directions, you can be quite sure that you will have a smooth ride.
The speed limit is 100 kilometers /62 miles.
The first preparations for planning the bridge started a decade ago; close to 600 experts spent nine years on designing the Hangzhou Bay Bridge. Chief Commander of the Bridge Project is Mr. Wang Yong. The bridge was linked in 2007 and an opening ceremony was held on 26th
June. But the Bridge was first open to the public, almost one year later, after a series of tests and evaluations.
26. The fantastic Hangzhou Bay Bridge has been opened to the public since May 2010.
27. It is the longest sea-crossing bridge in the world – 36 kilometers (22 miles) long.
28. The toll fee is 100 Yuan per vehicle.
29. The speed limit is 100 kilometers /62 miles.
30. Chief Commander of the Bridge Project is Mr. Yang Yong.
31. That’s why tiny little apartments with a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom come into being.
32. Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time.
33. If you travel alone and want to know better family life in Britain, you’d better stay in B&Bs.
34. No wonder I got lost. I was heading in the wrong direction!
35. From the East Coast to the West Coast of America it is about 3,000 miles wide.
C. 美国领土的东西宽度为3000英里。 试卷代号：3894国家开放大学（中央广播电视大学）2017年春季学期“开放专科”期末考试理工英语1 试题答案及评分标准（供参考）2017年6月一、交际用语（共计10分，每小题2分）1-5题：选择正确的语句完成下面对话，并将答案序号写在答题纸上。1．B 2．B 3．C 4．A 5．C二、词汇与结构（共计30分，每小题2分）6-20题：阅读下面的句子，从A、B、C三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的正确选项，并将答案序号写在答题纸上。6．C 7．C 8．B 9．A 10．C11．A 12．C 13．A 14．B 15．A16．C 17．B 18．B 19．A 20．C三、阅读理解（共40分，每小题4分）21-25题：阅读下列短文，从A、B、C三个选项中选出一个正确答案，并将答案序号写在答题纸上。21．B 22．A 23．A 24．C 25．C26-30题：请根据短文内容判断给出的语句是否正确，正确的写“T”，错误的写“F”，并将答案写在答题纸上。26．F 27．T 28．F 29．T 30．F四、翻译（共计20分，每小题4分）31-35:选择正确的译文，并将答案序号写在答题纸上。
31．C 32．B 33．C 34．A 35．A
1.-I’m so excited to meet you. May I introduce myself to you? C. You are welcome.
2.-What’s your present job?
C. I’m a film-maker.
-Bye, Sally! ______ Don’t forget to write.
A. Stay in touch.
4.-We’d be pleased if you could join us for dinner.
B. Yes, I’d love to.
5.-Welcome back, Mr. Smith! How about your business trip in Japan?
B. Oh, fantastic! Mr. Mark is so satisfied with our project.
6.-Each apartment only ____ 15 to 30 square meters for one unit.
7.-Can I help you, sir?
-I’d like to have 100 ____. I want my students to draw pictures.
A. piece of paper
8.-You know, this bridge ____ Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macau.
9.-One day they crossed the ____ bridge behind the palace.
A. old Chinese stone
10.-This box is ____ that one.
B. as heavy as
11.-I hope you’ll ____ working with us in the future.
12.-Let’s meet at 7:30 outside the gate of ____.
A. the People’s Park
13.-I really like that car you ____ and I am thinking of buying it.
14.-Sonia, do you think you are different from Linda?
-Yes, I’m ____ at drawing than her.
15.-I’d love to ____ with you my new kitchenware.
16.-People who do not have wood must spend large amounts of money ____ cooking fuel.
17.-Nick ____ a job in a bank, but to our surprise, he didn’t take it.
18.-We ____ two railway tickets online this Monday.
19.-This article deals with the natural phenomenon which ____ most interesting to everyone.
20.-It was ____ who wrote those words on the blackboard.
21.-The best title this passage is ____.
C. Planning a House
22.-The first thing for a person to build a house is ____.
C. to work out a plan
23.-The phrase “draw a plan” in this passage means ____.
C. working out a plan
24.-When the builder starts to build a house, his estimate will have to be corrected and revised because ____.
C. the prices of building materials and the expenses(费用) of labor may be different from the original prices and expenses.
25.-What is the relationship(关系) between the estimate and the plan?
C. The estimate and the plan depend on each other.
( T )26. The world’s longest high-speed railway route is from Beijing by Guangzhou.
( F )27. It takes only 10 hours from Guangzhou to Beijing by train.
( T )28. The opening of the Beijing to Zhengzhou section has linked with the total route.
( T )29. The Beijing-Guangzhou line connects one third of China’s population and more than40 percent of its economic power.
( F )30. These 350 kilometer per hour high-speed railway trains have made the country’s vast territory “considerably smaller”, and changed the country economically.
31. That’s why tiny little apartments with bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom come into being.
32. I’d like you to meet the famous bridge designer Mr. Liu Hua.
33. It’s a great example of treading lightly on the bridge.
34. Solar ovens consist of a system of reflectors and a cooking pot.
35. Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time.
1.-A:Hello, Bill Burton speaking. ____
-B:Hello, Mr. Burton, Jenny Jenkins of Bradford and Sons returning your call
C. Is that Jenny speaking?
2.- Is there anything I can do?
B. Thanks, but I can manage.
3.- We have to stay at home for a whole day. Why not go out and have a walk?
B. It sounds like a good idea.
4.- Would you like a glass of wine?
A. No, thanks.
5.- Excuse me, can you tell me where the nearest bus stop is?
- I’m sorry, I have no idea. I ____.
B. am a stranger here.
6. My agenda is quite full for the whole week, so I can’t ____ an appointment with you.
7. Jamie wants to speak to me ____ private.
8. There ____ a dolphin show in the zoo tomorrow evening.
9. How often ____ to the dentist?
B. do you go
10. For days, smog persisted in many areas. China is ____ to control air pollution.
C. taking measures
11. Have you filled in the application form ____ your passport yet?
12. Miss Liu doesn’t mind ____ your homework as long as it is done by yourself.
C. your delaying to hand in
13. I suppose you know everything about that event, ____?
C. do you
14. ____ you busy with the Singles Day?
15. You know, online shopping has so many ____.
16. You can buy almost everything ____ you have access to the Internet and enough money.
A. as long as
17. The Prize in Economics ____ in 1968, that is, more than half a century ago.
18. The job is great in terms of salary. It has its disadvantages, ____.
19. His parents are present there ____, but their minds are somewhere else.
20. It is easy to get the software we need ____ the market is small.
21. From this passage, we learn that an ebook ____.
C. can be read when special software is installed
22. The Ebook Reader is used for ____.
A. reading an ebook you’ve downloaded
23. From this passage, we can learn that ____.
B. you can order an ebook using the Ebook Reader
24. Which of the following statements is TRUE?
C. The downloading time is decided by the ebook’s size
25. The passage is mainly about ____.
B. a new kind of book – the Ebooks
26. We can learn from this passage that Americans ____.
B. travel a lot in their cars
27. Which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. In the United States even the poor own cars.
28. In the writer’s opinion, cars are popular in the United States mainly because ____.
A. Americans like to plan their own time.
29. “A nation on wheels” in the second paragraph means that ____.
A. everyone in the United States owns a car
30. The real solution to the gas shortage problem is ____.
C. to make gas-saving cars
31. The study shows that our computers are superior to those of our competitors in terms of functions and speed.
32. When in doubt, it’s best to delete or if appropriate, mark as junk item.
33. The mobile phone store is about five hundred yards past the gym, on your left.
34. No wonder I got lost. I was heading in the wrong direction!
35. It seems that there’s nothing impossible with the little mobile phone.
1.- Excuse me. You must be Mr. Liu Hua from China?
B. Yes. Nice to meet you.
2.- Would you mind joining for the picnic tomorrow?
A. So sorry. Next time we’ll go. Thanks anyway.
3.- Susan, what do you think of my plan?
C. It’s possible
4.- Excuse me, can you tell me where the nearest bus stop is?
B. am a stranger here
5.- Would you please open this suitcase for me? I can’t open it.
C. OK, let me see
6. The technological advances made it possible for the middle classes to enjoy what had once been ____ only to the very rich.
7. Tony has many Chinese ____.
8. Architect Mayur Kanaiya spoke ____ of the Langkawi Sky Bridge.
9. Tom is ____ than any other players in the school team.
10. It was ____ to see the students’ excitement when they discovered that simple materials could be used to cook food under the sun and the solar cooking really attracts those creative kids.
11. The train ____ just three weeks ____ complete a journey that ____ six weeks by sea.
C. took···to; takes up to
12. I’d like to have some big apples instead of small ____.
13. In learning a foreign language, one should forst pay attention ____ speaking.
14. ____ you ____ free tomorrow?
No. I ____ free the day after tomorrow.
C. Are; going to be; will be
15. For days, smog persisted in many areas. China is ____ to control air pollution.
C. taking measures
16. Listen to the two girls by the windows. What language ____?
B. are they speaking
17. Besides, you need to protect your password because all the transaction ____ through your bank account.
C. is fetched
18. Separate passwords for every account make ____ difficult for cyber criminals to hack you.
19. They also have a camera ____ allows you to take and share photos and video.
20. We must find a way to cut prices ____ reducing our profits too much.
21. Tower Bridge is ____.
C. the first one you can see when you go from the sea to London
22. The Tower of London is ____.
B. on the north of Tower Bridge
23. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
B. By 1850 everybody thought it most necessary to have a bridge built across the Thames near the Tower.
24. Why is the bridge open in the middle?
C. To let the big ship through to the Pool of London.
25. How long was the Tower Bridge built?
B. A hundred years
( T )26. The demand on private cars increased greatly in Chinese cities since 2002.
( T )27. China has become the world’s largest auto market.
( F )28. China’s auto industry tends to decrease in the next decade.
( F )29. China has an urban population of less than 600 million.
( F )30. The reason why the world’s auto producers are paying more attention to the Chinese market is that China’s auto industry developed very quickly.
31. john and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not significant.
32. Some of her pictures were shown in an art exhibition(展览会) in Shanghai when she was 4 years old.
33. I am eager to see this new device.
34. The Smartphone is getting more attention in the house than the child.
35. We all need to come out of this head-down syndrome.